seriously, this is good. I love sweets and the flavor of pumpkin pie but not so much the actual pie (I don’t like eggs and the thought of the wet/moist texture coming from the eggs grosses me out). This is like enjoying the pie but so much better for you and far easier to make.
Pick up a giant can of pumpkin puree. Divide the pumpkin into ziplock bags and freeze for later.
So this recipe is the basic recipe that I enjoy but I do add more spices and protein…so get as creative as you like…bet a knob of fresh ginger would be tasty and add a boost of anti-inflammatory properties.
pumpkin smoothie, 2 serv
- 6 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 cups ice
- 1 1/2 cup liquid (if you are watching your calories use water or half water and half skim milk/unsweetened almond/unsweetened soy milk)
- 1 T agave or honey
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp cloves * excellent antioxidant. great for soothing digestive system & arthritis pain
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or coconut extract
- 3 T hemp seeds *adds 174 cal / 13g fat (omegas) / 11g protein / 16% iron / 48% magnesium
- 1tsp raw maca powder *trendy new super food I found at Wegman’s heard about on Dr. Oz that boosts libido, helps fight stress and is s packed with vitamins & amino acids. see Navita Naturals Naturals
This recipe will make about 24-28 oz and if you try to drink it all at one time you will be stuffed! Drink half now and half later…healthy dessert maybe?